Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Highway of Heroes...401 in Ontario from Trenton in the East to Toronto in the West



What began as a grass roots campaign has grown to encompass the population of the cities, towns and villages that stretch along Highway 401 in Ontario between the City of Toronto in the west to the City of Quinte West (Trenton) in the east. As the video says, there are 50 bridges over the 401 along this stretch of highway and whenever the body of a soldier is repatriated back home, these bridges are lined with people. Firefighters standing atop their trucks on top of the bridges, Police Officers, EMS people and ordinary people, all out to support the troops in Afghanistan. The above video was sent to me in an email..Lee Greenwood sings "God Bless Canada". The Oshawa bridges are where I have stood, too many times, waiting for the approaching hearse and convoy of vehicles that precede the hearse. I stand on the bridge to show my support for our soldiers in Afghanistan and to show my support for the families of our soldiers. It is very moving, one has to be there to understand what I mean.

No comments: